Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Are You A Servant to Barack Obama?

I spent about 20 minutes trying to come up with something to say about this video, but am just left cold and pale right now. Forward ahead to 3:54 and watch (I don't know how long this will stay public because I can only hope that people will be as frightened by this as I am). This is perhaps the most frightening thing I have seen U.S. citizens do.



My fear is not Obama as a politician so much as the absolute deference being given to him by society. The cult of the presidency is becoming the cult of Obama to a staggering degree.

Personally, I pledge to not be a servant to our President, and I hope that the rest of the U.S. will do so as well. And while I don't expect America at large to go so far as agree with this, I would much rather make this pledge: "I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

Thanks to Will Wilkinson for pointing this out.

1 comment:

Richard said...

"(c)2009 Harpo Productions, Inc." at the end... hmm.